The E3 visa is a specialized work visa available exclusively to Australian citizens, allowing them to work and live in the United States for up to two years. If you are a professional seeking to work in the United States temporarily, an E3 visa may be an excellent option. However, obtaining an E3 visa can be complicated, and working with an experienced E3 visa lawyer is essential. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about E3 visas and how an E3 visa lawyer can help you.
What is an E3 Visa?
An E3 visa is a temporary work visa available only to Australian citizens with a job offer from a US employer. The E3 visa is similar to an H1B visa but with several significant differences. For example, the E3 visa has a lower application fee, and there are no caps on the number of visas issued yearly. E3 visa holders can bring their spouses and children to the United States, and their spouses can also work.
E3 Visa Requirements
To be eligible for an E3 visa, you must meet several requirements:
- You must be an Australian citizen.
- You must have a legitimate job offer from a US employer. The job must be in a speciality occupation, requiring a specific set of skills and knowledge.
- You must have the necessary qualifications and experience to perform the job.
- You must be admissible to the United States, which means you cannot have a criminal record or other immigration violations.
E3 Visa Application Process
The E3 visa application process can be complex and time-consuming, but with the help of an experienced E3 visa lawyer, it can be much more manageable. Here are the basic steps of the E3 visa application process:
- Obtain a job offer from a US employer.
- The employer files a Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the US Department of Labor.
- The employer prepares and submits Form I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- You apply for an E3 visa at a US consulate or embassy in Australia.
Why You Need an E3 Visa Lawyer
Navigating the E3 visa application process can be difficult, and one mistake can lead to denying your visa application. That’s why working with an experienced E3 visa lawyer who can guide you through the process and help you avoid mistakes is crucial. Here are some of the ways an E3 visa lawyer can help:
- Explain the E3 visa application process and requirements.
- Help you determine if you are eligible for an E3 visa.
- Help your employer with the LCA and I-129 forms.
- Prepare and submit your E3 visa application.
- Help you prepare for your visa interview.
- Advocate for you if your visa application is denied.
How to Choose an E3 Visa Lawyer
When choosing an E3 visa lawyer, it’s essential to choose someone with experience with E3 visa applications and a track record of success. You’ll also want to look for a responsive and communicative lawyer, as you’ll need to work closely with them throughout the application process. Finally, you’ll want to consider the lawyer’s fees and ensure they are transparent about costs and additional expenses.
Obtaining an E3 visa can be an excellent opportunity for Australian professionals to work in the United States. However, the application process can be complicated, and working with an experienced E3 visa lawyer is essential to ensure a successful application. By following the steps outlined in this article and working with a qualified
By following the steps outlined in this article and working with a qualified E3 visa lawyer, you can increase your chances of obtaining an E3 visa and fulfilling your career aspirations in the United States.
How long does it take to obtain an E3 visa?
The processing time for an E3 visa varies depending on the workload of the US consulate or embassy and the complexity of your application. Generally, it takes between 1-4 months to obtain an E3 visa.
Can I change employers while on an E3 visa?
Yes, you can change employers while on an E3 visa. However, you must have a new job offer from a US employer, and your new employer must file a new Labor Condition Application and I-129 form on your behalf.
Can my spouse work on an E3 visa?
Yes, your spouse can work on an E3 visa. They must apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from USCIS.
Can I extend my E3 visa?
Yes, you can extend your E3 visa indefinitely in two-year increments as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
Can I apply for a green card while on an E3 visa?
You can apply for a green card while on an E3 visa. However, you’ll need to meet the eligibility requirements for a green card and follow the appropriate application process.